Life is always full of surprises and challenges…Earlier this fall I received the news that Polyform Products was planning on making changes to their Premo! polymer clay color line. While I imagined that it might be possible that a few of the colors that I currently use might be discontinued- perhaps the fluorescent yellow wasn’t a huge seller?- I wasn’t prepared for the extremely upsetting news that they are planning to stop making two very essential primary colors = Cobalt Blue and Zinc Yellow!
“The following colors are discontinued: Red Pearl, Green Pearl, Cobalt Blue, Sea Green, Copper, Zinc Yellow, Frost, Fluorescent Green, Fluorescent Yellow, Fluorescent Red and Glow-In-The-Dark – We’ll have recipes for most on our website.”
It will be interesting to see their recipes for mixing zinc yellow and cobalt blue.
- You can follow the discussion about this announcement on Polyform’s Facebook page here.
- Carol Simmons has posted “before and after” pictures here
- Cindy Leitz has started a virtual online petition here
- Crafty Goat has posted some of her reactions on her blog
- Amy Crawley has posted here on Moon Room Musings
- Crafts by Chris has joined into the discussion
- more here at Tonja’s Treasures
- there is an ongoing discussion on Polymer Clay Central here
- here is the contact email for Polyform Products- firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m off to take a long warm bubble bath in honor of my personal promise to myself NOT to write blog posts, respond to email and/or answer the phone when…
In the meantime, please enjoy this picture of Carol Simmon’s pendants- you might have guessed it! = colors mixed with Zinc Yellow and Cobalt blue .
“We are bursting with excitement – new colors with endless possibilities are just around the corner. It’s an unbelievable line-up with colors you requested. Have you ever imagined . . .
· Peacock Pearl –eye-catching in lustrous, confident extravagance
· Magenta Pearl – Glowing romance translated into art
· Sunshine – innocence as sweet as a day running through the sprinkler
· Navy – shades of royalty, commanding an audience
· Pomegranate – juicy, rich and irresistible on the tip of the tongue
· Denim – your favorite pair still fit, go ahead, try them on
· Bronze – statuesque brilliance glimmering in view
· Antique Gold – The classics are hard to ignore
· Bright Green Pearl – dew kissed spring grass glistening in the morning sun
These are only a few of the fabulous line-up of new premo! colors.
Watch for our 2011 New Line of premo! Accents
· Magenta Pearl · Purple Pearl
· Bright Green Pearl · Peacock Pearl
· Translucent Blue · Translucent Red
· Translucent Yellow · Translucent Yellow
· Translucent Green · Blue Glitter
· Red glitter · Frost White Glitter
· 18K Gold · Copper – updated color
· Antique Gold · Bronze
· Blue Granite · White Granite
· Gray Granite · White Translucent – replaces Frost
New 2011 premo! Colors
· Denim · Spanish Olive
· Navy Blue · Blush
· Wasabi · Pomegranate
· Candy Pink · Sunshine
· Rhino Gray
The following colors are discontinued: Red Pearl, Green Pearl, Cobalt Blue, Sea Green, Copper, Zinc Yellow, Frost, Fluorescent Green, Fluorescent Yellow, Fluorescent Red and Glow-In-The-Dark – We’ll have recipes for most on our website.
Here’s the buzz about new Sculpey colors – fresh and trendy, always a crowd pleaser –
New for 2011 Sculpey III colors
· Pewter · Jewelry Gold
· Copper · Suede Brown
· Fuchsia Pearl · Glow-In-The-Dark
· Plum · Deep Red Pearl
· Candy Pink · Sky Blue
The following colors are discontinued: Lt. Pink Pearl, Vanilla Crème, Pale Pistachio, Sunshine, Pottery, Stonewash, Tomato Red, Sunset, Ivory, Atomic Orange and Lemon. We’ll have recipes for most on “