Sagacious Sumptuous Color: Inspired by Nature
Post Synergy 4 conference workshop Thursday August 17th, 2017
Double tree by Hilton, Philadelphia-Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
To register: Please contact Lindly via Lindlyh@aol.com to pay via check or you may pay via Pay Pal here-
The glorious range of softer muted colors found in nature will provide the inspirational starting point while you learn how to create an intentional, impactful color scheme. Five useful strategies to enhance harmony will be presented as you prepare a set of colors destined to become a collaged brooch or pendant. Lindly will share her tips for creating a stripe blend sheet that is appropriately scaled for making smaller pieces and includes dramatic contrasts.
Once you have prepared your blend sheet, you will learn how to make four different color coordinated patterns: soft Ikat, stripes, fractured color blocking and a circular mokume gane. Lindly will then demonstrate how to sequence and audition your elements to create a successful harmonious balance in your design while using multiple patterns.
At the end of the session we will brainstorm as a group on how to incorporate what you have learned in your future projects.
Join Lindly Haunani, a nationally recognized colorist for a fun and illuminating one- day workshop. While you may know just what colors you like, and exactly how to mix them, using them in harmonious combinations can be challenging. Learn how to add impact to your polymer clay work with increased color confidence and agility.
- Prior to June 15th, 2017 full refund
- June 15th- July 15th, 2017 50% refund
- After July 15th, 2017 no refund
More information about the Synergy4 Conference may be found here
- Work surface
- Pasta Machine (and clamp)
- Pin Tool
- Cutting blade
- 8 sheets plain white printer paper
- 8 sheets plastic deli wrap
- Acrylic roller or brayer
- small ball point burnisher
- Burnishing tool = cabinet knob,large soup spoon
- * Digital camera for taking “notes”
- Something to take your work home in
- Polyform Products will be providing all of the polymer you will need to complete your project