Life is always full of surprises and challenges…Earlier this fall I received the news that Polyform Products was planning on making changes to their Premo! polymer clay color line. While I imagined that it might be possible that a few of the colors that I currently use might be discontinued- perhaps the fluorescent yellow wasn’t a huge seller?- I wasn’t prepared for the extremely upsetting news that they are planning to stop making two very essential primary colors = Cobalt Blue and Zinc Yellow!
“The following colors are discontinued: Red Pearl, Green Pearl, Cobalt Blue, Sea Green, Copper, Zinc Yellow, Frost, Fluorescent Green, Fluorescent Yellow, Fluorescent Red and Glow-In-The-Dark – We’ll have recipes for most on our website.”
It will be interesting to see their recipes for mixing zinc yellow and cobalt blue.
- You can follow the discussion about this announcement on Polyform’s Facebook page here.
- Carol Simmons has posted “before and after” pictures here
- Cindy Leitz has started a virtual online petition here
- Crafty Goat has posted some of her reactions on her blog
- Amy Crawley has posted here on Moon Room Musings
- Crafts by Chris has joined into the discussion
- more here at Tonja’s Treasures
- there is an ongoing discussion on Polymer Clay Central here
- here is the contact email for Polyform Products- email@example.com
I’m off to take a long warm bubble bath in honor of my personal promise to myself NOT to write blog posts, respond to email and/or answer the phone when…
In the meantime, please enjoy this picture of Carol Simmon’s pendants- you might have guessed it! = colors mixed with Zinc Yellow and Cobalt blue .
Continue reading “Not so Colorful Changes…”